Friday 2 April 2010

Shrug

I'm not too sure what happened but I appeared to have lost my blog for a couple of weeks, so this is really testing the waters.
This morning I took the hound around the lake and was treated to 2 herons standing in the reeds like umbrellas in umbrella pots. They are such pre-historic looking birds that unfurl themselves into tatty sheets of grey material as they launch low speed, low level.
Jaipur ran and ran,kicking up his heels like a spring lamb. I lost track of him and then clocked him swimming with olympian strength after a moorhen. What I spotted, and Jai didn't, was the male swan who drifted out of the reeds like the Amarda. (The nest was close by) It should never surprise any dog owner what a proffered gravy bone can do. I reckon that stroke was butterfly!
With Jai now dozing, I knit myself into a mild hypnotic state. This shrug initially reduced me to feeble tears of frustration. I couldn't even twitch and it would go wrong! 18 attempts later,we are up and running on part 2. Sooo satisfying. And a lesson to behold...do the prototype first!
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Tart, well done you!
    Lovely to see you waxing lyrical with your blog, but have to say, looking forward to our pen on paper communications!! You can't beat the old fashioned pigeon post!
    Much love to you - Jilly xx

    ReplyDelete